Alexander Erman Unal
Alexander joined Spring Law as a paralegal in September 2019 and started his training contract with the firm in December 2019. He is currently sitting in the Disputes Resolution team.
He completed a joint degree in Law and Economics (QLD) with honours at the University of Kent in 2018. He then completed his Legal Practice Course at BPP Law School in 2019.
Alexander works closely with fee earners, clients and external counsel in high-value commercial disputes in the Chancery Division and Queen’s Bench Division. He assists Partners with all aspects of case and trial management.
His current experience includes assisting Partners with:
- Representing a group of insolvent companies and their creditors in enforcement proceedings in the Commercial Court, involving over 45 respondents and a 7-week remote trial.
- Acting on behalf of an insolvent company and its liquidator in bringing claims worth £200m+ against a former company director and his business associate, including for breach of fiduciary duties, unjust enrichment, knowing receipt, and dishonest assistance.
- Assisting trustees in bankruptcy with their investigations into the Bankrupt’s business and affairs, including his illegal sale and lease-back operation in 2015, which led the Financial Conduct Authority to issue one of the largest director disqualification penalties at the time.
- Acting for an ultra-high net worth family estate in dual proceedings in England and Monaco against an international bank for claims of banking negligence and breach of statutory duties under Monegasque legislation.
- Enforcing English High Court judgments obtained against former company directors for TUV and breach of fiduciary duty claims in England, Monaco, and the Seychelles.
Alexander is also fluent in both French and Spanish, and has a basic level of Turkish.
About Spring Law
Founded in 2002, Spring Law specialises in dispute avoidance, dispute resolution, investigations and intelligence acquisition. Our clients are the Government, Public and private companies, domestic and International high net worth individuals.
We have offices in central London, Chichester and Gibraltar. Find out more about us
To be effective at what we do we recruit high calibre academic lawyers with a streetwise instinct for advantage. Litigation or solving disputes by mediation and arbitration is a people’s business.
Our approach is driven by good communicators, people clients like to work with and who possess strong written and advocacy skills.
At Spring Law we also offer:
- debt recovery services (over £100,000)
- litigation services
- mediation services
- arbitration services
- employment dispute services