James is an experienced Commercial Litigator qualified to represent clients in both the UK and Australia.
James worked in Sydney for more than 8 years as head of litigation at Surry Partners, before moving to London in 2005, to focus on his work on high value and complex disputes, often with an International element. He is valued by his clients for his intellectual approach and thorough commitment to their cases.
His particular expertise includes:
- Insolvency Disputes. These typically involve acting for liquidators against former directors, generally comprised of cross border and fraudulent transactions. For instance, James is involved in a £200m International fraud case proceeding in the High Court involving numerous defendants and the Serious Fraud Office
- Corporate and Commercial Dispute
- The law of equity and Injunctive relief
About Spring Law
Founded in 2002, Spring Law specialises in dispute avoidance, dispute resolution, investigations and intelligence acquisition. Our clients are the Government, Public and private companies, domestic and International high net worth individuals.
We have offices in central London, Chichester and Gibraltar. Find out more about us
To be effective at what we do we recruit high calibre academic lawyers with a streetwise instinct for advantage. Litigation or solving disputes by mediation and arbitration is a people’s business.
Our approach is driven by good communicators, people clients like to work with and who possess strong written and advocacy skills.
At Spring Law we also offer:
- debt recovery services (over £100,000)
- litigation services
- mediation services
- arbitration services
- employment dispute services