We advise on the most effective way to control and manage conflict and disputes, whether by way of early advisory intervention, behind the scenes input on commercial negotiations or by bringing or defending Court proceedings. We most commonly represent clients in the High Court. Our style is clear, direct and pragmatic.
Adversarial proceedings can be costly on your time and money. It is essential to identify the risks and opportunities in a dispute at the earliest opportunity so resources can be allocated against a carefully monitored litigation case strategy.
Our expertise extends across business and personal disputes relating to:
- Complex contractual arrangements
- Agreements for services
- Warranty and indemnity claims
- Loans and finance
- Shareholder and boardroom conflict
- Threats and damage to reputation
- Intellectual property rights
Examples of our litigation work:
- Advising an investment vehicle in a £15 million claim for repayment of an unpaid loan made to a Jersey company and enforcement of security over the loan.
- Advising a property asset manager in £30 million claims for breach of numerous contracts against a Jersey SPV held by a US investment firm.
- Advising founders in £10 million dispute against private equity for unfair prejudice.
- Advising a company director/shareholder in a £5 million claim under a share scheme brought against a former business partner.
- Defending an insolvency firm against £17 million claims for conversion brought by directors of an insolvent company.
- Advising an international listed conglomerate on a £25 million complex procurement dispute with a national utilities supplier, including minimising liquidated damages and threat assessment to early termination.
- Advising on an intellectual property dispute involving breach of patent allegations.
- Providing English law advice, preparation of witness evidence and case management for an English financial software provider in a £4 million dispute with a French financial institution.
- Advising an accountancy practice on obtaining springboard relief to enforce restrictive covenants preventing senior managers setting up in competition.
- Advising private individuals on reputational threats and the use of pre-litigation approaches to combating those threats.
Spring | Law is also part of the Annecto Legal Network. If you need help funding or insuring your case, Annecto Legal can offer expert advice on alternative commercial litigation funding methods, such as legal expenses insurance or third-party litigation funding.