Over the past 15 years our commercial lawyers have assisted businesses across a broad spectrum of sectors. This accumulation of expertise means that we have more often than not come across the situations we are asked to advise on.
We also have focussed practice groups in the following:
- Sport & Media
- Creative & Brands;
- Tech; and
Our advice is driven by your commercial objectives and the particular pressures of your market that will not only protect your contractual position but also add commercial value.
Our commercial expertise includes:
- Commercial contracts
- Terms and conditions of business
- Distribution and agency
- Licensing and franchising
- Technology/information technology
- Data protection/freedom of information
- Contractual liability
- Unfair contract terms
- Bribery/Modern Slavery
We recognise the significance of monetising our clients’ intellectual property to reach their business targets and achieve a return on investment.
With the increasing prominence of high value consumer brands, content and information technology intellectual property issues have never been more relevant. We assist with the creation, protection, acquisition/disposal, exploitation and enforcement of IP rights from both a commercial and contentious perspective.
This can involve:
- Specialist transactional support on the sale of an IP-based business
- Investigations and reports on chains of title
- Licensing and sale of IP
- Risk assessment
- Litigation and IP strategy
- Worldwide registration of trade marks.
We advise on all areas of IP:
- Format rights and patents
- Image rights
- Moral rights
- Trade marks