Rory Lynch | Lawyer
Rory joined Spring Law in October 2011 having completed the Graduate Diploma in Law and the Legal Practice Course at BPP Law School, Holborn.
He also has a BA Honours degree from Durham University and previously worked at Skadden Arps in London where he developed an interest in Corporate Law and Commercial Litigation.
Rory is an Associate in the Spring|Risk team and specialises in High Court litigation and dispute resolution. Rory has a particular expertise in defamation, privacy and reputation management and protection. He offers legal and risk solutions to clients using Spring|Risk’s innovative RepControl© product.
Rory has worked on a wide variety of matters including:
- protecting the reputations of celebrities, professional athletes and prominent businesses in relation to cyber-attacks, hacking and the breaching of image rights.
- a commercial loan facility agreement dispute in the Chancery Division of the High Court.
- the granting of injunctive relief by the Queen’s Bench Division of the High Court concerning team moves and the breaching of restrictive covenants.
- a dispute in the Commercial Court of the Queen’s Bench Division of the High Court concerning share sales and tax.
- a dispute in the Chancery Division of the High Court in relation to the breach of a licence agreement for a patented material.
- IP disputes regarding commercial copyright and design right infringement by a foreign company and trademark infringement by a commercial licensee.